2011年11月30日星期三

HAVE YOUR SAY

YES
Hannah Tonkin, 28,
from Leeds, married
Al in May in Yorkshire
"When my maids asked
me if I wanted to invite my
mother-in-law to my hen
weekend. I said yes straight
away. You can have a night
out with the giris any day
of the week, but the hen do was a winter wedding dresses fab opportunity to get
my friends, family and new family together. We started
with a civilised cream tea - my fiance's mum joined us and
it was lovely to see everyone getting on. The Friday night
involved lots of champagne and a Butler In The BufF. On
the Saturday we had a cocktail-making competition in our
private bar- my mum's team won and she came up with
an unpnntable name for the cocktail! - and then we went
clubbing. I feel lucky to have a mum and MIL who can have
fun with my friends. I was a little worried about what they
would think of all the willy paraphernalia, but you have to
remember that they've been mamed and seen it all too!"



NO
Sophie Bailey, 28, from
Bournemouth, married
Dan in February in the
New Forest
"My mother-in-law is lovely
and I get on very well with
her. However, she doesn't
dnnk. goes to bed earty. is
from a different era to my
mum and wouldn't feel comfortable as part of a typical hen
party. I had no due what my maid of honour had planned
for me. As much as I hoped it would be suitable for my MIL
a btg part of me was panicking that I would show myself up
after a few drinks or be constantly conscious of how I was
acting in front of her. I needn't have worried though, as my
MOH had arranged a champagne afternoon tea complete
wrth beautician, to which my MIL was invited along with
aunties and grandmas. After that, there was a separate hen
night out on the town with a limousine and cocktails that
didn't involve my MIL I think she was quite relieved - and
to be honest so was modest wedding dresses I!"

没有评论:

发表评论